Graduate Counseling Students,
Would you like to learn more about Career Counseling and attend the National Career Development Association (NCDA) Conference in Orlando, Florida for FREE?
Dr. Becky Michel is seeking graduate counseling students to join a Career Counseling Outreach Team. Over the next year, the team will work with Dr. Michel to develop and provide career groups/workshops at Cara, a non-profit organization in Chicago that provides career/life skill training to adults experiencing homelessness and housing instability (http://www.thecaraprogram.org/) . Dr. Michel will provide training, consultation, and support to the team.
In addition, four Career Counseling Outreach Team Leaders will be selected to receive advanced training at the NCDA Conference (http://www.ncdaconference.org), including:
· Registration to attend the National Career Development Association (NCDA) Conference in Orlando, Florida (June 28-June 30) [valued at $350]
· Attendance at a Professional Development Institute before or after the conference (June 27 or June 30) [valued at $150]
· Roundtrip Flight from Chicago to Orlando [valued at $400]
· 2 nights of shared lodging in Orlando [valued at $400]
· Note: If selected to attend the NCDA conference, students must become a member of NCDA for $35. (http://www.ncda.org/aws/NCDA/pt/sp/membership_join)
Students are eligible to apply if they have taken Career Counseling (CSL 454), can commit to developing groups/workshops, and presenting at Cara for at least 15 hours over the next year. Apply for the Career Counseling Outreach Team by April 19, 2017: https://goo.gl/forms/IvJIaLqNWSNkytYj2
Students will be notified of selection by April 21, 2017.
If you have any questions about the Career Counseling Research Team, please contact Dr. Becky Michel at firstname.lastname@example.org