- Getting supplies and books
- Determining how you will organize your materials and take notes
- Putting important dates on your calendar
- Planning out your program of study
- Know your academic weak spots and plan to ask for help
1. Push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
2. Open yourself up to multiple perspectives and worldviews.
2. Improve your communication skills; listening, writing and speaking.
4. Seek learning everywhere.
5. Network and get involved in the profession.
6. Don't expect perfection but do expect professionalism.
7. Be flexible when things don't go as planned.
8. Know your resources, how and when to use them.
9. Connect what you learn to other life experiences.
10.Engage in ongoing self-reflection.
Current and former CSL students, PLEASE feel free to leave your own advice for new CSL students here too!