Academic Assistant/Athletic Tutor Job Description
The Athletic Academic Advising office at DePaul University is looking for two graduate students to serve as academic assistants and tutors for DePaul University student-athletes. These two positions would work primarily with Men’s Basketball and Women’s Basketball student-athletes, possibly assisting with other teams and responsibilities like front desk coverage as needed. Estimated weekly work would be around 6 – 12 hours/week.
The main duties would be:
· Work closely with freshmen and transfer student-athletes to ease the transition to college and empower academic success
· Provide support to academically at-risk student-athletes through skill development (time management, study skills, note taking, etc.)
· Facilitate team study table sessions and ensure required hours are completed
· Assist with writing skill development, paper editing/proofreading, planning, and researching
· Collaborate with Women’s Basketball Academic Advisor and/or Men’s Basketball Academic advisor to ensure student-athlete progress and improvement
Note: there may also be additional opportunities for graduate students interested in serving only as part of our front desk staff or subject tutors (math, econ, writing, business, science, etc.) for all student-athletes.
If interested in any of the opportunities above, please contact Andrea Mosher-Childress at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-325-7259.