In its 7th year, The Teachers' Forum offers new teachers the opportunity to gain critical skills and resources and network with principals and professionals in education. Specifically, this event provides our students and early alumni with opportunities to gain insight through a keynote address, participate in roundtable discussions on various topics led by educators, receive guidance on resumes, and network with all educators and DePaul College of Education alumni. There is also an opportunity for current student teachers and early COE alumni to participate in mock interviews with principals and assistant principals (limited space). Over 35 current and former principals, seasoned educators, and College of Education faculty representing urban and suburban schools will be participating in this event as mock interviewers and facilitators of round table discussions. Round Table discussions will focus on topics ranging from classroom management, communication with parents, building strong relationships with administration, etc.
Key Components of Teacher’s Forum:
· Keynote address from seasoned educator (Awarded 2010 Illinois Teacher of the Year)
· Participate in 10 different topic roundtable discussions led by 20 administrators and educators
· Receive feedback and critique on your teaching resume from educators
· Network with fellow DePaul Educator Alumni about professional experiences and best practices
· Check out the new “Tech Corner” – Demo and Best Practice Tips on Technology Resources for Instruction
· Practice interviews with principals (Additional Registration required and limited space)
Check Out Topics for Roundtables This Year!
· Breaking Into Urban and Suburban Schools – Best Practices for Job Searching
· Building Collaborative Relationships with Principals
· Crash Course in Classroom Management
· From Sitting to Standing: New Teacher Insights
· Success and Survival – Tips for a First Year Teacher
· Igniting Sparks – The Impact of Mentorship in the Classroom
· The Case of Common Core – New Strategies of Engagement
· Perspectives of Accountability – Exploring Teacher Evaluation and Best Practices in Teacher Effectiveness
· Technology and Innovation – From Flipped Classrooms and Beyond
· Breaking It Down – Effective Inclusion and Differentiation
Check Out Our Teacher’s Forum Webpage to See Who is Participating and the Full Agenda:
Saturday, October 25, 2014, 10am to 1pm
DePaul University – Lincoln Park Campus
2324 N. Fremont St.
Chicago, IL. 60614
Important Reminder Note: You can be at any level in your studies or profession to join us at the event to take part in the keynote, roundtables, resume critiques, and open networking. You do not have to participate in the mock interview portion to attend the rest of the components of the event.
This is a rare and invaluable opportunity to meet a seasoned group of educators and principals and we would love for all of you to join us.
Thanks everyone and please reach out with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773.325.7431
I look forward to seeing you at our event!