Position Title: Youth Workforce Development Specialist
- Renders direct counseling and/or employment and post-secondary support services to clients within agency policies and programs.
- Participates on a team and helps formulate team programs.
- May work at multiple sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides individual, group, family and crisis intervention and student advocacy work, as necessary.
2. May develop programs based on client needs within the school community.
3. Develops and executes professional curricula related to job skills and post-secondary education.
Solicits jobs in communities and places well-prepared youth into those jobs.
4. Participates in teacher training and school in-service presentations.
5. Performs required functions (statistics, record keeping, research, etc.) and special administrative assignments.
6. Performs public relations assignments as requested.
7. Participate and provide in-service training to the school community.
8. Serves on Board or Agency committees as requested.
9. Collaborate and/or coordinate services with the LSC, Parent Programs and the Pupil Personnel Support Team
10. May assume additional responsibilities that support broader based functions and goals of the agency.
11. May be required to supervise, develop or coordinate programming, based on client needs.
12. May be involved in facilitating whole school change.
13. May supervise Youth Development Specialist, interns or volunteers.
14. Participates in Team Meetings, Committee Meetings, and All Staff Meetings.
15. Participates in agency trainings and staff development.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field from an approved accredited college/university.
2.. Must have significant experience in providing job skills training or post-secondary supports to high school students.
3. Must be committed to work with at-risk youth.
4. Must be committed to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
5. Must function well in group and team settings.
6. Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
7. Good computer skills needed.
8. Bilingual – Spanish preferred.
**Advanced degrees, certification, and professional counseling skills are preferred.
Reporting Relationship: Supervised by Program Manager or assigned staff.
Classification Status: This is an exempt position.
To Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume to Dave Simpson, Director of Counseling Recruiting@youth-guidance.org
No Phone Calls Please
If you have any questions, email Liz Hutchinson at email@example.com.
*EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE