Spring Quarter, Week 3, April 15-19
- Attention school counselors and students! Please review the criteria below in order to participate in a survey.
(1) A graduate student or a graduate from a 48 hour accredited School Counseling Program within the state of Illinois
(2) Completed over a year of coursework
(3) Currently completing or had completed within the past year a school counseling internship in an elementary, middle, alternative and/or high school building
(4) Completed at least 300 internship hours
(5) Supervised by a site supervisor who is identified as a Professional School Counselor holding a state of Illinois, Board of Education, Type 73 certificate in school counseling.
The survey will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and all responses will remain strictly confidential. All data will be reported in aggregated format and no individual information will be reported.
The survey is located online at http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/1126028/School-Counselors-in-Training-Perceptions-Of-Their-Academic-Preparation-Using-the-ASCA-National-Model-During-Internship
Your username is depaul. Your password is counseling.
- Please take 5-10 minutes to complete an online survey about how college students think their life is going and how they cope with challenges.
- Participants have the opportunity to enter a raffle and win a $25 Target gift card!
- To participate in the study, please click the following link:
- Please be reassured that none of your information will be connected to your email address, making this survey completely anonymous.
- Please sign up for Vincentian Service Day 2013! This event will be held Saturday, May 4th. Vincentian Service Day is an excellent way for counseling students to advocate and interact with diverse neighborhoods. Please also attend the Peace Festival on the Quad that immediately follows the day's events. To register, please email www.serviceday.depaul.edu.
- Please visit this link to learn about Match Corps Chicago: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_IiELcNPjWTZnNWbmhKc0FUYzg/edit?usp=sharing
- This is a unique service based opportunity where you will be playing a role in a break through scientific study and will be making a significant difference in the lives of students. Fellowships are full-time for 11-months and start on August 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. Fellows will receive a modest stipend of $16,000 ($1,454/month for 11 months) and a $1,000 transportation award. Fellows will also receive a wide variety of benefits programs and resources offered through the University of Chicago. For more information on University of Chicago benefits visit http://hrservices.uchicago.edu/benefits/index.shtml.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply: https://www.quickbase.com/db/bhbqq2dbs
- May is LGBTQA Month! Please check out the calendar of events by clicking this link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/122tnaQbShs3pPEbGvXArumrmc4uLo0IaLv6eb003ZKCQwFkLjpvs4_LBS-Ro/edit?usp=sharing
- Don't forget to check out DSCO's event on May 16th- "Counselors Serving LGBTQA Communities" from 6-9pm in Arts & Letters 314
- New course section for CSL 489: Psychopathology this Summer, register now!
- New course section for CSL 520: Children and Adolescents this Summer, register now!
- New course section for CSL 511: Supervision this Summer. Dates it will meet are June 29 and July 13: 9:00-12:45. Register now!
- Free webinar on April 25th: Strategic and Savvy: School Counselor Action Steps for Equitable College and Career Readiness Outcomes. http://nosca.collegeboard.org/event/webinar-strategic-and-savvy-school-counselor-action-steps-equitable-college-and-career-readine?ep_ch=PR&ep_mid=10713373&ep_rid=3298727
- The Midwest Anti-Bullying Conference is in Chicago this June 5, 6! Are you registered yet? http://antibullyingconference.com/il-home.htm