Spring Quarter, Week 6, May 6-10
- The following courses are in danger of being cancelled this summer due to low enrollment. Please register ASAP if you need to take one of the following:
CSL 511: Supervision, second section
CSL 519: Special Ed for School Counselors
CSL 458: Group Counseling, second section
CSL 510: Multicultural Counseling
CSL 489: Psychopathology
- Please consider attending the Transnational Latino Conference on May 17th and 18th!. All events are free and open to the public. Details and registration can be found here
- There are a wonderful series of events and programming between the Stockyard Institute and Kuumba Lynx, the premiere Hip Hop Arts and Education Performance organization in Chicago. From the beginning of Louder than a Bomb, KL has driven spoken work and poetry to thousands of Chicago Public Schools’ teachers and students. This year with the networks of the Stockyard Institute, our collaborative forces will support the creative minds and bodies of some 250 CPS students from across the city in this program called Half Pint Poetics this Saturday May 11 and Monday May 13, 2013 at DePaul University. The events are free and open to the public. For more information, please contact Jim Duignan at email@example.com
- Saturday May 11th 12:00-5:00 Courtylou Commons
- Monday May 13th 9:00-1:00 Student Center (performance)
- The Fourth Annual Social and Cultural Foundations in Education Graduate Student Mini-Conference is June 7th! Information and conference schedule can be found here
- The Department of Educational Policy Studies and Research is sponsoring a panel discussion: SCHOOL CLOSINGS IN CHICAGO – THE IMPACT ON CHILDREN AND COMMUNITIES. Wednesday, May 15th from 5:30 to 7:30 in SAC 154. Please click here for more details.
- The University of Illinois at Chicago has two employment opportunities available for the 2013-2014 academic year! For information and application details, please click the links below:
- Below is an announcement describing the Excellence in Teaching Award for Visiting and Part-time Faculty. This will be the second year of awarding this College of Education honor.We are currently soliciting nominees! The deadline for nominations is Friday, May 10, 2013. Please see click here for more details.
- May is LGBTQA Month! Please check out the calendar of events by clicking here
- Don't forget to check out DSCO's event on May 16th- "Counselors Serving LGBTQA Communities" from 6-9pm in Arts & Letters 314
- Please attend the 4th annual CSE Graduate Student Poster Conference! This event will be held on Saturday, June 1st in Student Center room 120 from 10am-2pm.
- The Midwest Anti-Bullying Conference is in Chicago this June 5, 6! Are you registered yet? Registration and information can be found here
Follow us now on Facebook and Twitter at: DePaulCSLnews