JOB TITLE: Graduate Assistant for Vincentian Community Service Office, University Ministry
DATE: July 25, 2016
The Leadership Scholarship Graduate Assistant (GA) position assists with the overall management of a leadership scholarship program (DePaul Leadership Scholars – DeLS), coordinated by the Vincentian Community Service Office and University Ministry. The GA also assists with additional duties in the office as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Track each scholar to make sure all requirements for the scholarship are met, including regular communication with the scholars and partners.
· Coordinate the logistics associated with events, involving making room reservations, scheduling meetings between scholars and staff mentors, ordering food, and assisting with the development of agendas for each of these meetings.
· Support formation and training components for the scholars.
· Meet with scholars individually and/or in groups to support them as they work on special projects.
· Help coordinate academic remediation and retention efforts of University Ministry with scholars.
· Help track the expenditures that go into the scholarship programs.
· Coordinate the process, documents, and records to support the selection of new scholars. The GA will also serve as an interviewer during the selection process.
· Support efforts to continually assess the scholarship programs and scholars’ learning; assist in the strategic planning for future experiences.
· Attendance at some evening and weekend programs including participation in Big 8 VIA reflection meetings and events for community building, annual retreat, and end of year reflection.
· Engage in Vincentian community service, spiritual growth, and interfaith leadership activities as a part of GA introduction to office.
· Assist with additional VCSO programs as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
· An appreciation and respect for working with diverse populations.
· An interest in spiritual formation, leadership, interfaith education, and service-learning within a college student developmental model.
· A general understanding of and appreciation for the type of learning experiences connected with the scholarship program, and an ability to communicate effectively with students about their development.
· An ability to communicate effectively and maintain a good professional presence with students, faculty, and staff.
· An ability to work independently on projects as assigned, to manage multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
- This position is for graduate students only. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education is required. Individual must show documentation of working toward a Master’s degree at DePaul University in one of the following programs: Counseling: College Student Development (MEd); Counseling: School Counseling (MEd); Secondary Education (MEd); Educational Leadership (MEd); Counseling: Clinical Mental Health Counseling (MEd)
Student must remain a full-time student status while in the GA position. The position is based on the DePaul University academic calendar of August 2016– June 2017.
Partial graduate tuition remission and stipend accompanies 20 hours/week position (11 weeks per quarter with 3 additional weeks). Some evening and weekend participation required. These hours will be scheduled primarily during standard business hours, with flexibility for special events that may occur during evening or weekend hours.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Karl Nass, Assistant Director of Vincentian Community Service Office, firstname.lastname@example.org and 773.325.1195). Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority deadline: August 2nd.