Counselor (On Call) Glenview, IL #122
Job descriptionListing Info
The Counselor is responsible for assisting and supporting residents through the entire treatment experience from admission through discharge. The Counselor determines whether the new resident has any special needs and assists the resident in fulfilling those needs.
- Monitoring the course of treatment for each resident in a pro-active manner to ensure that no problem or trouble may compromise the resident’s or treatment staff’s effort
- Contributing insightful, practical, and meaningful information to the treatment planning process
- Directing residents in a clear, concise, and informative matter
- Introducing each new resident to his/her fellow residents and the treatment staff, orientates each resident to the Discovery Treatment Program
the resident with the rules, expectations, intent, and routine of the
daily treatment schedule. The counselor also tours each new resident
around the building and grounds to familiarize the resident with the
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or sufficient experience in an appropriate field and must be willing to attend all training, education, and staff enrichment activities
- Must understand the therapeutic process; understand confidentiality laws, and strong knowledge of professional ethics
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, and be able to work with and communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
- Able to present didactic/psycho-educational groups and workshops
- Able to provide milieu supervision and leadership
- Possesses knowledge of chemical dependency and/or eating disorders
- Documents clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work within a team structure
This is an exciting opportunity to join Center For Discovery, a national leader in behavioral healthcare. Center For Discovery provides residential, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient eating disorder treatment for adults and adolescents, residential, partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient mental health treatment for teens, and residential and partial hospitalization substance abuse treatment for teens.
Discovery has nearly a 20 year legacy in the behavioral healthcare and is one of the fastest growing companies in the field. All Center For Discovery locations are Joint Commission accredited and state licensed-the gold standard in healthcare today.
Discovery believes that full recovery from an eating disorder, mental health disorder, and substance abuse is possible, and our staff is deeply committed to the healing and well-being of our clients. On satisfaction surveys from more than 2000 clients and families over 95% said that they would recommend Center For Discovery. Discover why.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career in behavioral healthcare, and you want to make a difference in the lives of others in a collaborative environment, then consider joining our team of exceptional professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you meet the minimum qualification, you will be contacted to further the application process.
We conduct Live Scan fingerprinting for some of our locations in California.
The Results We Receive Are The Following
Crimes relating to child abuse or elder abuse, Sex Offenders, and Convictions or incarcerations in the last 10 years as a result of committing: theft, robbery, burglary or any felony
More information on live scan can be found here: https://oag.ca.gov/fingerprints
No phone calls, outside agencies, or recruiters.