SAVE THE DATE: WINTER FORUM 2016
TAKING A CRITICAL LOOK AT THE edTPA
Thursday, February 18th 2016
5:30 to 8:30 PM
Lincoln Park Student Center
Our winter forum will take a critical look at the edTPA from the perspectives of student teachers, university clinical supervisors, academic researchers, education professors, and advocates for change. Panelists will also address how pre-service teachers can best negotiate this process.
Dr. Marie Donovan will moderate the panel. Panelists include:
· Dr. Alison Dover, Assistant Professor of Secondary Education, College of Education, Northeastern Illinois University
· Julie Peters, Associate Director of the Teaching of History Program, UIC; founding member of the Coalition for edTPA Rule Change
· Cheryl Witucke, Coordinator of Clinical Supervision, Division of Education, Trinity International University
· Trisha Wickland, MA, Concordia University; 1st, 2nd grade teacher at St. Paul Lutheran School in the Austin neighborhood
· Cassandra Creswell, organizer with More Than A Score, board member of Raise Your Hand Illinois
If you are teaching on Thursday evenings, consider bringing your class and please R.S.V.P. if you plan to do so. Attendees will also have a chance to participate in facilitated discussions after the panel.
Please share this information with your students, as the edTPA will impact all students seeking licensure in Illinois.
For more information, contact Diane Horwitz at email@example.com