Roots to Wellness Coordinator (full-time)
Job Summary: The Roots to Wellness Coordinator works to improve the mental health of Little Village and surrounding communities by coordinating member organizations, reaching out to community members, and advocating with key players inside and outside the community.
Mission Statement: Roots to Wellness creates a space for providers to come together and to advocate, inform, and increase access to mental health services for the residents of Little Village and surrounding areas.
This is a full-time, salaried position and includes benefits such as medical, dental, disability, and life insurance, 403(b) plan, and 22 days paid time off plus 9 holidays.
Reports to: Data Specialist
Accountable to: Roots to Wellness facilitators, Roots to Wellness members
Communicates with: Community members, Enlace Chicago health outreach staff, Enlace’s Community Organizer, Violence Prevention Administrator
Informs: Enlace Chicago Staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Community outreach and coalition building: The coordinator will rally support amongst community members for issues around mental health. This will include attending meetings and public events, door knocking, phone calls, and other outreach.
- Advocacy with government agencies and funders: S/he will leverage the relationships developed to coordinate action on mental health priority areas as described in our mental health needs assessment & updated periodically by Roots to Wellness members.
- Facilitate participation of Roots to Wellness members: S/he will coordinate the participation and activities of current members and recruit new people/organizations.
- Develop ties with community organizations that provide informal mental health support: S/he will develop links with gardening groups, sports clubs, etc. that can provide social and emotional support outside the context of formal counseling.
- Promote mental health in the community at health fairs, community events, and direct outreach to individuals and groups.
- Other tasks as necessary
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Excellent speaking, listening, and writing skills
- Effective at building professional relationships with others
- Can keep self and others organized
- Flexible schedule (some evenings and weekends required)
- Basic computer skills (email, web search, Google docs)
- Position requires travel within neighborhood and the city
- Bachelor’s degree helpful but not required
- Experienced doing community outreach
- Knowledge of mental health field as consumer, provider, or volunteer. People who have been through counseling are especially encouraged to apply, as this experience will be valuable in promoting mental health to community members.
- Experience working in Latino communities, Little Village ideally, and building connections across communities
- Skilled using social media
Enlace Chicago is an equal opportunity employer. Please email resume to email@example.com with “Roots to Wellness Coordinator” as the subject by WEDNESDAY , JUNE 17.