JOB TITLE: Graduate Assistant for Vincentian Community Service Office
DATE: August 2015
The Leadership Scholarship Graduate Assistant (GA) position assists with the overall management and leadership of a leadership scholarship program, coordinated by the Vincentian Community Service Office. The GA also assists with additional duties in the office as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Track each scholar to make sure all requirements for the scholarship are met, including regular communication with the scholars and partners.
· Coordinate the logistics associated with events, involving making room reservations, ordering food, and assisting with the development of agendas for each of these meetings.
· Support formation and training components for the scholars.
· Meet with scholars individually and/or in groups to support them as they work on special projects.
· Help track the expenditures that go into the scholarship programs.
· Coordinate the necessary documents and records to support the selection of new scholars. The GA may also serve as an interviewer during the selection process.
· Support efforts to continually assess the scholarship programs and scholars’ learning; assist in the strategic planning for future experiences.
· Attendance at some evening and weekend programs including participation in Big 8 VIA reflection meetings and events for community building, retreat, and end of year reflection.
· Assist with additional VCSO programs as needed.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
· An appreciation and respect for working with diverse populations.
· An interest in spiritual formation, leadership, and service-learning within a college student developmental model.
· A general understanding of and appreciation for the type of learning experiences connected with the scholarship program, and an ability to communicate effectively with students about their development.
· An ability to communicate effectively and maintain a good professional presence with students, faculty, and staff.
· An ability to work independently on projects as assigned, to manage multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
This position is for graduate students only. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education is required. Individual must show documentation of working toward a Master’s degree at DePaul University (College Student Development or similar program preferred). Student must remain a full-time student status while in the assistantship position. The position is based on the DePaul University academic calendar of September 2015– June 2016.
Partial graduate tuition remission and stipend accompanies 20 hours/week position (11 weeks per quarter with 2 additional weeks). Some evening and weekend participation required. These hours will be scheduled primarily during standard business hours, with flexibility for special events that may occur during evening or weekend hours.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to Karl Nass, Assistant Director of Vincentian Community Service Office, email@example.com and 773.325.1195). Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted and will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority deadline: May 26.