General Summary: Help create, execute and provide content and support for social learning network for adolescent males. Train and engage stakeholders in use of networking tool and collaborate with external partners on curriculum content and activities.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities and Other Job Related Information:
· Engage adolescent males on social networking tool to build community and help develop college readiness activities.
· Help create content and activities surrounding college readiness
· Train users on networking tool and implement social learning network among participating school programs.
· Help gather data on program and its participants
· Other duties as assigned (i.e. help maintain database/record keeping and assist with workshop presentations).
· Education background (instructional or school counseling)
· Knowledge and use of social media and technology as tools of engagement
· Ability to positively engage urban males in the education process
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Travel to Chicago public schools
· Knowledge of urban population and education issues
· Detail oriented and results focused
· Ability to work independently with little supervision
· Available 20 hours/week during regular business hours
Interested students can apply for the Program Coordinator position at the Career Center website listed below: