Spring Quarter, Week 1, April 1-8
Updates and Changes to CSLNews: Starting Spring 2013 (This post being our first issue of the new CSLNews!)
Recently the CSL faculty have learned that students vary in the way they prefer to receive CSLNews. While some prefer getting their news through social media, others prefer traditional email and some prefer a combination of formats. Ultimately it's important for all CSL students to receive a variety of news items like program changes and deadlines, training and professional development opportunities and job postings. We recognize that the more information our students have, the more prepared they can be and the more competitive they are in the job market.
The solution is for the CSLNews blog to serve as the “front page” of the CSL LiveBinder! This will hopefully meet everyone's needs while also driving traffic to the LiveBinder where students can have ready access to program information every time they view CSLNews.
The CSLNews blog will be the central repository for all CSLNews items and will serve as the "front page" of our CSL LiveBinder (student handbook).
- CSLNews will be pushed out to students every week during the quarter through an email reminder that will link you to the CSLNews blog where you can read the latest news. If you want to receive these reminder emails, and are not already signed up, make sure to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe" in the subject line.
- For those who prefer to get their news via social media, CSLNews blog posts are automatically syndicated to Facebook and Twitter.
- CSLNews will take on a new, easier to read, bullet-point format that will have fewer graphics and incorporate links that can be clicked for more information on items (see the bottom of this post for a sample preview). Faculty will use the blog for special or extended posts (like this post) when needed and additional emails will be sent out with a link to the blog for further reading.
- All previous CSLNews posts will be tagged with keywords, saved and archived on this blog in case you want to read earlier posts you may have missed.
- We HIGHLY recommend you to "follow by email" so that you don't miss any posts, just as you have signed up for CSLnews the email version but submitting your email of choice. This will deliver posts directly to your inbox. Here's a screenshot of how to do that:
...And now for some current CSLNews!
- Welcome NEW students!
- New course section for CSL 489 in Summer, register now!
- New course section for CSL 520 in Summer, register now!
- New course section for CSL 511 this Summer. Dates it will meet are June 29 and July 13: 9-12:45. Register now!
- Free webinar on April 25th: Strategic and Savvy: School Counselor Action Steps for Equitable College and Career Readiness Outcomes. http://nosca.collegeboard.org/event/webinar-strategic-and-savvy-school-counselor-action-steps-equitable-college-and-career-readine?ep_ch=PR&ep_mid=10713373&ep_rid=3298727
- The Midwest Anti-Bullying Conference is in Chicago this June 5, 6! Are you registered yet? http://antibullyingconference.com/il-home.htm
- Registration for the Spring Meeting of The Prevent School Violence Illinois (PSVI) Coalition http://psvillinois.eventbrite.com/#. The event is Tuesday, April 23, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM (CDT. Please register by April 9th! The password to register is psvi23
Follow us now on Facebook and Twitter at: DePaulCSLnews